Skip to main content

To Have the ‘I’ of Self-Sentimentalism Means What? – (1621)

Introduction

Master Samael mentions in many places the ‘I’ of self-sentimentalism. So what really is it and what does it mean in practical life terms to have it?

I would just like to say that working on this ‘I’ Master Samael says one is able to create the psychological moon and remove much drama and suffering from one’s life, and drastically improve the way one relates with others.


What is it?

It is to feel sentimental towards oneself through others. It is not really to feel sentimental towards oneself exclusively by oneself and for oneself. If that were the case one would be quite well off.

This ‘I’ of self-sentimentalism instead expects others to feel sentimental towards ourselves. That is why it gets upset with others all the time, when others are tough and rough with us and don’t like us or simply don’t regard us as poor, little and needing help etc. etc.

In short, it has its reference point for sentimentality in others. If we were self-sentimental with this reference point exclusively within ourselves we would be very mystical and be thinking, feeling and acting in such a way to not bring pain upon our inner Being. With the ‘I’ of self-sentimentalism we are not at all sentimental towards our inner Being, we treat our inner Being very harshly. For example, we may make several errors here in the physical world and we do not care at all about the fact that our very own Divine Mother has to present herself before the Divine Law and get trampled by the Law all on our account.

The best place to find the 'I'' of self-sentimentalism is in relationships with others. It is rife in such a field.

Practical Life Terms


  • With the ’I’ of self-sentimentalism one waits to be helped by others and expects others to help, without the ‘I’ of self-sentimentalism one helps oneself by oneself.
  • When upset one does not wait to have our bad mood fixed by others, one works to fix it up for oneself and by oneself. If one needs help they will ask for it, not silently wait for others to sense that we need help.
  • Waiting to be fed or served by others. Without this ‘I’ one feeds oneself and serves others.
  • Expects others to buy things for us and pay bills etc. for us. Without this “I” one pays for oneself and for others when it can or when appropriate.
  • With this ‘I’ one helps others too much and does everything for them. Without this ‘I’ one is more balanced when helping others. One focuses on helping others to help themselves.
  • One expects others to look upon us sentimentally and to regard and make decisions about us from the sentimental point of view.

There are many more of course this was just to list a few. I think with these examples you are able to identify this ‘I’ and if you like you can work on it.


Conclusion

Lets’ work on this ‘I’, it is very obvious and it is not so vague or ambiguous to observe. We can really work concretely on this ‘I’ and the rewards for us and others are great! Think of what Master Samael says, one can by working on the “I’s” of self-sentimentalism.

End (1621).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is the Kundabuffer or Kundartiguador? - (405)

Introduction Gurdjieff and Master Samael spoke much about the Kundabuffer organ and a lot of what Master Samael said is pretty clear. This post is just about going over some of what he said. In the Quinto Evangelio, Master Samael also revealed many more details which do not appear in his books. Note, the Qunito Evangelio is a two tome compilation of transcriptions of many recordings of informal talks that Master Samael had with his students. English and Spanish Terms There are these two terms Kundartiguador and Kundabuffer which refer to the same thing. Kundartiguador is Spanish and Kundabuffer is English. I believe it was Gurdjieff who first introduced these terms in his book “Beelzebub’s Tales to his Grandson”. I believe “Beelzebub’s Tales to his Grandson” was not originally written in ether Spanish or English. So these terms Kundartiguador and Kundabuffer are translations where the word “Kunda” could not be translated and the ending "buffer" could b...

When We Speak Bad About Ourselves - Because of Self-Compassion - (2963)

Even Just Thinking Negative When we just even think, let alone speak about ourselves in a negative way, thinking things like: how we are really this and that bad and that is not at all what others see, that we are in capable, worth little, know nothing, can't do this and that, fail at this and that, a liar, a dreamer the list goes on... We can be 100% sure that self-compassion is behind this because pride by itself would never allow this.  In a case like this self-compassion taps into what pride hides from itself and others and exposes it. Feeling that it is doing job at ruining ourselves. Why It Does What It Does? Self-compassion does this sort of thing to avoid reprimand and to extract compassion from others. Self-compassion is about getting compassion for ourselves through others. It is set-up in relativity, using others as a reference point. Really the best thing that you can do for a person who is pitted against this ego is to ignore them, so that they can fa...

Gnostic View on Vampires and Dracula - (426)

Introduction I came across this passage from Master Samael when reading up about the Earth’s two Moons. I was quite astonished, mainly because I always thought that vampires did not exist or only existed in the Astral as a type of negative entity. However, Master Samael says in the following excerpt that a vampire is a condition that can be unfortunately developed by a human being. He says further that it is a very abnormal and abominable condition, which certainly it is. From Master Samael “Among the most abominable products of Lilith, it is opportune to cite the case of Count Dracula in Russia. This movie personage truly existed, and H. P. Blavatsky comments about him in one of her books. This great female Master stated that such a Count (in times of the Czars) was the Mayor of a certain Russian town. He mortally hated his wife, because vampires are homosexuals; they mortally hate the opposite sex. After...