Sunday 26 March 2017

To Have the ‘I’ of Self-Sentimentalism Means What? – (1621)

Introduction

Master Samael mentions in many places the ‘I’ of self-sentimentalism. So what really is it and what does it mean in practical life terms to have it?

I would just like to say that working on this ‘I’ Master Samael says one is able to create the psychological moon and remove much drama and suffering from one’s life, and drastically improve the way one relates with others.


What is it?

It is to feel sentimental towards oneself through others. It is not really to feel sentimental towards oneself exclusively by oneself and for oneself. If that were the case one would be quite well off.

This ‘I’ of self-sentimentalism instead expects others to feel sentimental towards ourselves. That is why it gets upset with others all the time, when others are tough and rough with us and don’t like us or simply don’t regard us as poor, little and needing help etc. etc.

In short, it has its reference point for sentimentality in others. If we were self-sentimental with this reference point exclusively within ourselves we would be very mystical and be thinking, feeling and acting in such a way to not bring pain upon our inner Being. With the ‘I’ of self-sentimentalism we are not at all sentimental towards our inner Being, we treat our inner Being very harshly. For example, we may make several errors here in the physical world and we do not care at all about the fact that our very own Divine Mother has to present herself before the Divine Law and get trampled by the Law all on our account.

The best place to find the 'I'' of self-sentimentalism is in relationships with others. It is rife in such a field.

Practical Life Terms


  • With the ’I’ of self-sentimentalism one waits to be helped by others and expects others to help, without the ‘I’ of self-sentimentalism one helps oneself by oneself.
  • When upset one does not wait to have our bad mood fixed by others, one works to fix it up for oneself and by oneself. If one needs help they will ask for it, not silently wait for others to sense that we need help.
  • Waiting to be fed or served by others. Without this ‘I’ one feeds oneself and serves others.
  • Expects others to buy things for us and pay bills etc. for us. Without this “I” one pays for oneself and for others when it can or when appropriate.
  • With this ‘I’ one helps others too much and does everything for them. Without this ‘I’ one is more balanced when helping others. One focuses on helping others to help themselves.
  • One expects others to look upon us sentimentally and to regard and make decisions about us from the sentimental point of view.

There are many more of course this was just to list a few. I think with these examples you are able to identify this ‘I’ and if you like you can work on it.


Conclusion

Lets’ work on this ‘I’, it is very obvious and it is not so vague or ambiguous to observe. We can really work concretely on this ‘I’ and the rewards for us and others are great! Think of what Master Samael says, one can by working on the “I’s” of self-sentimentalism.

End (1621).

No comments:

Post a Comment