Skip to main content

What are Carnal Passions? – (1601)

Introduction

I’ve read on several occasions and in several books Master Samael saying that carnal passions must be eliminated, and each time that I read it, I didn’t really know what he meant. I always asked myself: “What really are carnal passions?”. Finally, I understood what they are and this post is a brief explanation of what I understand them (carnal passions) to be.


Carnal Passions

I understand them to be the passion or enthusiasm or liking or excitement for things of the flesh. That is the liking or enthusiasm to experience the body of another person.

When people like certain body parts and like bodies that look this way and that, they are expressing their carnal passions in one way or another I think.


Carnal Passions and the Appreciation of Beauty are Different

Obviously we have to be very intelligent here. To tell yourself: "I am not going to have carnal passions and I am not going to like the physical body anymore of anyone" is a recipe for disaster because, we end up suppressing without comprehension our egos of carnal passion, and we then end up in time swinging with gusto over to the other side. This is a law.

Obviously, also the physical body is a creation of the Divine Mother or mother nature and so it has its beauty. This beauty can be respected and appreciated without carnal passions. When carnal passions take hold, one then ends up as Dante says losing their reason to carnal passion, and what follows is error and regret.

So always the middle way, which is the wise way and the intelligent way, is the solution. To suppress is wrong, to fall into it is also wrong, so the middle is the right way which is the wise combination of both sides. Which would be to respect, appreciate and comprehend beauty as a creation of the Divine Mother. This appreciation does not reject and does not produce a blind falling into or attachment to.


Element of Lust

Carnal passions are a large part of the egos of lust. And it can be this element alone that can be a secret driving force behind many processes and actions of lust.


Conclusion

Dante gave us the key so many years ago! Master Samael completed the key instructing us to comprehend them and dissolve them!

End (1601).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is the Kundabuffer or Kundartiguador? - (405)

Introduction Gurdjieff and Master Samael spoke much about the Kundabuffer organ and a lot of what Master Samael said is pretty clear. This post is just about going over some of what he said. In the Quinto Evangelio, Master Samael also revealed many more details which do not appear in his books. Note, the Qunito Evangelio is a two tome compilation of transcriptions of many recordings of informal talks that Master Samael had with his students. English and Spanish Terms There are these two terms Kundartiguador and Kundabuffer which refer to the same thing. Kundartiguador is Spanish and Kundabuffer is English. I believe it was Gurdjieff who first introduced these terms in his book “Beelzebub’s Tales to his Grandson”. I believe “Beelzebub’s Tales to his Grandson” was not originally written in ether Spanish or English. So these terms Kundartiguador and Kundabuffer are translations where the word “Kunda” could not be translated and the ending "buffer" could b...

When We Speak Bad About Ourselves - Because of Self-Compassion - (2963)

Even Just Thinking Negative When we just even think, let alone speak about ourselves in a negative way, thinking things like: how we are really this and that bad and that is not at all what others see, that we are in capable, worth little, know nothing, can't do this and that, fail at this and that, a liar, a dreamer the list goes on... We can be 100% sure that self-compassion is behind this because pride by itself would never allow this.  In a case like this self-compassion taps into what pride hides from itself and others and exposes it. Feeling that it is doing job at ruining ourselves. Why It Does What It Does? Self-compassion does this sort of thing to avoid reprimand and to extract compassion from others. Self-compassion is about getting compassion for ourselves through others. It is set-up in relativity, using others as a reference point. Really the best thing that you can do for a person who is pitted against this ego is to ignore them, so that they can fa...

Gnostic View on Vampires and Dracula - (426)

Introduction I came across this passage from Master Samael when reading up about the Earth’s two Moons. I was quite astonished, mainly because I always thought that vampires did not exist or only existed in the Astral as a type of negative entity. However, Master Samael says in the following excerpt that a vampire is a condition that can be unfortunately developed by a human being. He says further that it is a very abnormal and abominable condition, which certainly it is. From Master Samael “Among the most abominable products of Lilith, it is opportune to cite the case of Count Dracula in Russia. This movie personage truly existed, and H. P. Blavatsky comments about him in one of her books. This great female Master stated that such a Count (in times of the Czars) was the Mayor of a certain Russian town. He mortally hated his wife, because vampires are homosexuals; they mortally hate the opposite sex. After...