Sunday 12 January 2020

We Control: Ok, Others Control: Panic - (3371)

We can manage fairly well when we are directing an activity, but when we are subject to the will of others we panic in the worst case or feel uneasy in the least case.

Why?

When we are in control we know what is going to happen (we think we do anyway) and we know we are not going to steer things into our weaknesses or places that we don't want to go to.

When we are not in control we think things are going to be steered into places that we don't like, can't manage, can't cope with etc. We are scared! 

The typical problem is that our capacities are limited only to what we like. 

We need to expand our capacities to deal and cope with everything. When we get to that point that fear will go.

Example

We must in control of choosing where we eat because I can't have it that we choose Malaysian or Asian as I can't stand noodles. If you can stomach more or less everything and feel well in the tummy and are not a fussy eater, no worries about who chooses where we eat. 

I can't let another missionary give a talk because others will like him and go to his group. As I can't stand not being the main source of  direction, knowledge, help for my students I can't have that. 

I can't have someone say in my house as they will use up my time, my money, my routine will get modified - they will control things and I'll be a subordinate in my own house. 

End (3371).

No comments:

Post a Comment