Skip to main content

Two Types of Self-Love - (473)

An Observation

I always travel to see my friends and as I am approaching their house I usually always feel great. One day I observed that I feel great visiting them because I had the thought that because they like me and look forward to seeing me I feel great. I observed further and saw that that feeling great is me feeling good about myself, in other words me liking myself. It happened that things didn’t go so smoothly one day and my friends were not so happy with me and then the next day going to see them I felt awful. I went inside myself looking for an answer and I found to my surprise that I was feeling bad about myself because they were I thought thinking and feeling negatively towards me.

Now really to my surprise I started to counteract that, because it was a very nervous type of feeling that was very unpleasant. I thought to myself well this time round I havn’t done anything wrong, my friends just didn’t like what I did or said and so why can’t me myself feel ok about myself. So then I began to bring up reasons as to why I can feel good about myself. This actually helped me to feel better. I know it sounds pretty silly but I have to be honest and say that it helped and counteracted that strong negative emotion. It showed me that we must generate love for ourselves and not depend on others for it.


Conclusion

Recently I learnt that the opposite of these negative feelings towards oneself is the love for the Being. In a way we are the Being but just derived so there are two types of self-love.

There is the type of love for ourselves, which is relative and uses others outside of ourselves as a reference and generating point. Then there is the self-love which comes from inside of ourselves. This, the latter type of self-love is the one which is positive and is the right one, and is the one which we need to cultivate and possess.


End (473).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is the Kundabuffer or Kundartiguador? - (405)

Introduction Gurdjieff and Master Samael spoke much about the Kundabuffer organ and a lot of what Master Samael said is pretty clear. This post is just about going over some of what he said. In the Quinto Evangelio, Master Samael also revealed many more details which do not appear in his books. Note, the Qunito Evangelio is a two tome compilation of transcriptions of many recordings of informal talks that Master Samael had with his students. English and Spanish Terms There are these two terms Kundartiguador and Kundabuffer which refer to the same thing. Kundartiguador is Spanish and Kundabuffer is English. I believe it was Gurdjieff who first introduced these terms in his book “Beelzebub’s Tales to his Grandson”. I believe “Beelzebub’s Tales to his Grandson” was not originally written in ether Spanish or English. So these terms Kundartiguador and Kundabuffer are translations where the word “Kunda” could not be translated and the ending "buffer" could b...

When We Speak Bad About Ourselves - Because of Self-Compassion - (2963)

Even Just Thinking Negative When we just even think, let alone speak about ourselves in a negative way, thinking things like: how we are really this and that bad and that is not at all what others see, that we are in capable, worth little, know nothing, can't do this and that, fail at this and that, a liar, a dreamer the list goes on... We can be 100% sure that self-compassion is behind this because pride by itself would never allow this.  In a case like this self-compassion taps into what pride hides from itself and others and exposes it. Feeling that it is doing job at ruining ourselves. Why It Does What It Does? Self-compassion does this sort of thing to avoid reprimand and to extract compassion from others. Self-compassion is about getting compassion for ourselves through others. It is set-up in relativity, using others as a reference point. Really the best thing that you can do for a person who is pitted against this ego is to ignore them, so that they can fa...

Gnostic View on Vampires and Dracula - (426)

Introduction I came across this passage from Master Samael when reading up about the Earth’s two Moons. I was quite astonished, mainly because I always thought that vampires did not exist or only existed in the Astral as a type of negative entity. However, Master Samael says in the following excerpt that a vampire is a condition that can be unfortunately developed by a human being. He says further that it is a very abnormal and abominable condition, which certainly it is. From Master Samael “Among the most abominable products of Lilith, it is opportune to cite the case of Count Dracula in Russia. This movie personage truly existed, and H. P. Blavatsky comments about him in one of her books. This great female Master stated that such a Count (in times of the Czars) was the Mayor of a certain Russian town. He mortally hated his wife, because vampires are homosexuals; they mortally hate the opposite sex. After...