Thursday 12 May 2022

What is Materialism in a Gnostic Couple? - (4416)

Yes it is about buying things such as a house, car, kitchen appliances etc. and yes it is about money, career, job, social position, title etc. but that is not really what I want to write about in this post. Because for most people studying and applying Gnosis that is not what is really important becasue it has already been bought before starting Gnosis or it has already been overcome, forgotten about etc.


What I want to wrote about is a subtler degree of materialism which is about the person of each other.


Seeing each other as a person is a degree of materialism...Seeing each other as a soul with a Monad is not materialistic or rather lifts off from that subtle layer of materialism.


In general materialism is all about 'having'. Not about 'being'.


We have a wife or a husband etc. We have a person in our lives. We have someone's attention. We have someone's love. We have someone's care. We have a relationship. We have needs. We have plans etc.  


This post is about the psychological feeling of 'having' in relation to another person. There is always the conflcit between 'having' and 'being'. Instead of 'having' the way is 'to be'. Both in the relationship be a soul and see each other as a soul. Because 'to have' is the materialism way of thinking.


When you are a person to me, it is so natural and logical from that way of seeing and thinking - to want your presence, your attention, your love etc. And when we don't receive that we fully feel it just to demand it. Because materialsim works that way. I have rights and and needs and I have the right to ask for them to be fulfilled. Because how can something I have be far away from me, not be useful to me, not be of value to me etc.? Because my car is always with me, it is useful to me, it always serves me and is of value to me - all because I have a car. 


The above logic is how supply and demand works, customer comsumerism, goods and services, employers and employees etc. If I buy a tool, and it does not work I have the right to demand from the company who sold it to make it work for me.


The key to spiritualise a relationship is to see the other person as a soul and have total respect for that. Because we can never trap a soul, a soul is free, a soul has free will and we all respect that. A soul is the one that loves and love always comes back or returns to what it loves. Personalities just don't love. Neither do egos.


End (4416).

No comments:

Post a Comment