Wednesday 17 March 2021

Is Gnosis Homophobic? - (4091)

This week I received this question from a lady right before I was about to give a talk.


"Is Gnosis homophobic?" was the question she blurted out. Way off track from what I was going to talk about, but well I said to myself I'm up for the challenge to answer that one.


I said no, because here in Gnosis we approach sexuality esoterically and scientifically, not morally.



I said that Gnosis says the two forces represented by man and woman are the ones that can engender a type of creation that has reality on its own side. As Gnosis is interested in an inner creation, those two forces are needed to be worked with. Two men or two women are not able by the laws put in place by the cosmos to engender an inner creation such as what a man and woman together can engender. That's all. 


I said the moral question of it, whether it is morally right or morally wrong, we don't get involved in. If we don't see something wrong or right then why would we be scared of it or scandalized by it or think anyone who is homosexual is lost etc. etc. 


As soon as we approach sexuality morally we get into difficulty with the many other views. Moral views are often subjective and changeable and one finds that is not worth getting too deeply into a discussion about them, as one never leaves such conversations with anything clear other than that it was a waste of time. People get angry and everyone still thinks the same and then what?


End (4091).

No comments:

Post a Comment