Wednesday 19 June 2013

Ego, “I’s” and Defects – What’s the Difference?

Ego = “I”

An ego is the same as an “I”. In fact, “Ego” in Greek is “I”. So wherever you see or hear the word “ego” it is the same as “I”.

Many Egos = Many “I’s”

In Gnosis we know that the ego or the ‘I’ is pluralised, that is there are many egos or “I’s”, not just one. So we can say either that we have many egos and or many “I’s” in our psychology.

An ego or an “I” could be small or it could be large, usually in Gnosis the word or term used to describe the structure of all the egos or “I’s” put together is the term “the myself”. Master Samael uses this term quite frequently in his books “The Great Rebellion” and “Treatise of Revolutionary Psychology”.

The “I’s” or egos also fall into groups that is they belong to one or another defect.

A Defect and the Egos or “I’s”

Basically a defect is something much bigger than an “I” or an ego. A defect is a wrong functioning of the essence and it is made up of, or characterized by, or acquires its certain qualities, characteristics and peculiarities by the “I’s” that constitute it.


So for example, anger is a defect and it has many egos or “I’s” that make it up. What is interesting is that each “I” of anger will have the same logic as ,or the same principle as the defect of anger. The only difference is that it will be related to or confined to a certain aspect of life, for example getting annoyed when someone doesn’t speak loud enough or continuously drops something making noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment