Thursday 1 February 2018

Catching a Fly with Chopsticks - (2214)

One Day While I was Carefully Observing My Thoughts...

So one day while I was carefully, with as much sharpness as I could muster up in that moment waiting to catch the very subtle thoughts of an ego I was hunting, and then ding dong, I suddenly remembered Mr Miyagi in the movie: "Karate Kid". I understood the deeper meaning behind Mr Miyagi waiting to catch a fly with a pair of chopsticks.


We may think ah be quiet, it is just Mr Miyagi practicing concentration and exercising his reflexes, but there is more to it and going beyond that to something more esoteric and meaningful (who cares about reflexes they want change you), we can see the fly as the intruder, which is a subtle thought from the subconscious, and the chopsticks symbolising the fine tuned sensitivity needed to catch the subtle thought.

Mr Miyagi is a fine representation also of the serenity and the concentration needed to catch the thought. Showing us that we need concentration and serenity, getting impatient and desperate does at all ever help in this endeavour. IF he were to get impatient the fly would leave all together never to be caught until who knows when.

End (2214).

No comments:

Post a Comment