Monday 21 July 2014

Relationships (165)

Introduction

Every relationship has a beginning and an end. Every relationship is temporary. Even they can last a long time, there will come the time that it will end or be modified or start a new phase. This is a truth.


The Tricky Part

What is dangerous in us is that we try very hard to keep it going as if it were never to change. That I’m afraid is our illusion that we very costly try to keep alive.


Relationships are Dependent Arising

No relationship exists even by itself, all relationships are dependent arising’s. They depend on certain factors. To surrender to the fact that it may change, to surrender to this truth is at first scary and there is much resistance.

Why do we get scared? It can’t be impermanent, it can’t finish, it has to keep on going that is what the mind says and this produces a lot of angst and desperation. Why are we so adamant that the relationship should not change or end? Because we see that it is us that it is everything in my life.


Conclusion

Is that true that it (a relationship) is a big part of my life? Yes relatively, is it everything? No I still breathe, life still enters me, I was born independently not sown together to another person, born by myself.

When I was born and had life I didn’t even have this relationship so how can it be me or be all there is to me? It is part of my life but it is not everything or all of me or my life. Understanding this puts each relationship into perspective.


End (165).

No comments:

Post a Comment