Wednesday 2 October 2024

Notes on Good Methods to Work on the Hypnotic Grip of the "I" - (5374)

Each ego for sure has a hypnotic grip. The most difficult part of working on any "I" is overcoming its hypnotic grip.


The hypnotic grip is the power an "I" has to make the free essence (us) to identify with it.


The hypnotic grip is what converts our pre-ego will that says: " I don't want that ego or I will not do that" into us wanting to do that and doing it. It makes us think, feel and do the things we don't want to.


The hypnotic grip has certain patterns or characteristics that can be identified, and when we identify them we can better work to overcome the hypnotic grip. 


Here are some of those characteristics:

Duality is the major characteristic. It is the power of thought. Specifically in the power of the not thought.


The ego always wants to be the "I am", and what moves it towards the "I am" is the not thought. The feeling of not hypnotises the free essence, and then the ego takes over to be the "I am".


We can for some reason not feel important, and the "I" of self-importance wants to feel important so then the same "I" of self-importance kicks in to initiate action to be important.


Here for example are some not thoughts: 

"If I don't do that, then I am not...".  

"If I don't do that, then I can not...".

"I can't allow...".

"I have to because I can not...".

"I have to because I am not...".

"I am not this then I am...".

"What if this happens...it will not be good".



The first way of working on overcoming the hypnotic grip is by using analysis and questioning. 


Always question the truth about what the "I" thinks and feels. Ask constantly is that true. Question each statement, each conclusion, each judgement, each projection and each interpretation and perception.


It is also good to turn around what the "I" thinks. That is, turn it around to the opposite and we will see quite often that the issue is really about ourselves. In the sense that the opposite is truer. 


For example, an "I" may say that a certain person is so ill-willed and difficult. Turning that around to the opposite we will find that there is actually ill-will within us on some level or direction which we have completely overlooked, and it is the hypnotic grip that has made that truth about ourselves into a 'not' statement or an opposite statement accusing the other of being what we are and being the problem.


Use analysis to determine what the "I" really wants. Ask the "I": "is that what you want that this and that suffers?". We will see that it often does not really want that, and so what it really wants lies in another direction, often a feeling within ourselves is what it wants.


Use analysis to break down the impression it reacts to. Break the impression down into its parts and examine each part separately. Be fully aware of what we are reacting to. We will see that we are reacting to our own selves many times. Our own concepts and interpretations  


End (5374).

No comments:

Post a Comment