Monday 20 July 2020

Fantasy Posts: Do we Really Need it? - (3713)

I'm making efforts to understand this deeply.

I find many instances where it is misleading, disappointing, a cause of suffering and imbalance etc. 

Imagination is a different to fantasy. Imagination we need but fantasy is not imagination.

I honestly don't as yet find an instance where it is needed, especially when we are all actually alive and live in a real world.

Instead of fantasy driven by the ego, imagination is helpful. 

Where where do we need it?

Nowhere perhaps? 

Reality is much kinder than fantasy. Much less stressful than fantasy. 

Have a try yourself - really try hard to find when and where we need fantasy.

When we do this exercise and we can't find an answer we receive a little conscious shock: "My goodness me what have I been doing with fantasy all this time?" Dreaming and being really asleep is the answer which is a step more towards awakening than answering the obvious: "wasting my time".

End (3713).

No comments:

Post a Comment