Skip to main content

A Conversation About Marriage - (775)

Introduction

This morning where I work, a conversation unfolded about marriage and relationships. There were many views from each member of the conversation (4 in total), however for me the views of one member stood out.


This one member has been very happily married he says for more than twenty years, and occasionally listening to him talk to his wife on the phone, it does seem that his statement is true.


The Points

He expressed some very interesting points, which I am going to post. These points are:

  • Marriage is a really wonderful thing!
  • Marriage is not 50% and 50% it is 100% and 100%!
  • Love is a decision not a feeling!
  • Start as friends first, make sure there is trust and go from there. If things don’t work out well, end as friends.


Note

These are just posts and I do not mean anything by them. It just seems like a good time to post them as I overheard this conversation and I didn’t have anything else in mind to post for today.

I just like to post all the wisdom that I come across in books, receive from others or see within myself, that’s all.


End (775).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is the Kundabuffer or Kundartiguador? - (405)

Introduction Gurdjieff and Master Samael spoke much about the Kundabuffer organ and a lot of what Master Samael said is pretty clear. This post is just about going over some of what he said. In the Quinto Evangelio, Master Samael also revealed many more details which do not appear in his books. Note, the Qunito Evangelio is a two tome compilation of transcriptions of many recordings of informal talks that Master Samael had with his students. English and Spanish Terms There are these two terms Kundartiguador and Kundabuffer which refer to the same thing. Kundartiguador is Spanish and Kundabuffer is English. I believe it was Gurdjieff who first introduced these terms in his book “Beelzebub’s Tales to his Grandson”. I believe “Beelzebub’s Tales to his Grandson” was not originally written in ether Spanish or English. So these terms Kundartiguador and Kundabuffer are translations where the word “Kunda” could not be translated and the ending "buffer" could b...

When We Speak Bad About Ourselves - Because of Self-Compassion - (2963)

Even Just Thinking Negative When we just even think, let alone speak about ourselves in a negative way, thinking things like: how we are really this and that bad and that is not at all what others see, that we are in capable, worth little, know nothing, can't do this and that, fail at this and that, a liar, a dreamer the list goes on... We can be 100% sure that self-compassion is behind this because pride by itself would never allow this.  In a case like this self-compassion taps into what pride hides from itself and others and exposes it. Feeling that it is doing job at ruining ourselves. Why It Does What It Does? Self-compassion does this sort of thing to avoid reprimand and to extract compassion from others. Self-compassion is about getting compassion for ourselves through others. It is set-up in relativity, using others as a reference point. Really the best thing that you can do for a person who is pitted against this ego is to ignore them, so that they can fa...

Gnostic View on Vampires and Dracula - (426)

Introduction I came across this passage from Master Samael when reading up about the Earth’s two Moons. I was quite astonished, mainly because I always thought that vampires did not exist or only existed in the Astral as a type of negative entity. However, Master Samael says in the following excerpt that a vampire is a condition that can be unfortunately developed by a human being. He says further that it is a very abnormal and abominable condition, which certainly it is. From Master Samael “Among the most abominable products of Lilith, it is opportune to cite the case of Count Dracula in Russia. This movie personage truly existed, and H. P. Blavatsky comments about him in one of her books. This great female Master stated that such a Count (in times of the Czars) was the Mayor of a certain Russian town. He mortally hated his wife, because vampires are homosexuals; they mortally hate the opposite sex. After...