Friday 29 June 2018

Neti Neti and Self-Remembering – (2452)

A Way

Neti Neti is a Sanskrit term meaning “Not this” “Not This”.

With the remembering of the Being we need to find ourselves in our Being. At the very least our identity in the Being. That is to really be and feel ourselves as an essence that belongs to a Divinity.

To do this, a kind of internal undressing exercise proves useful. To tell ourselves:

“I am not my personality – I am not my job, my nationality, my social class, any role that I have…”

“I am not my body.”

“I am not my thoughts nor am I my mind.”

“Nor am I the will that I can drive.”

“I am that which listens and sees the thoughts and that which with intelligence directs the will.”

“I am an Essence!”


Conclusion

Trying this can be a useful alternative when our usual method or way of entering the state of remembering the Being does not work too well or appears mechanical.

End (2452).

No comments:

Post a Comment