Thursday 16 August 2018

When Disappointed, Let Down, Corrected, Offended, Rejected… - (2558)

Which Me is It?

You may find this to be a helpful tip. When you feel hurt, focus inwardly and ask yourself which me or which “I” is hurt.

You may find that there is a ‘me’ or an ‘I’ that has a particular identity. This identity or feeling of ‘me’ will have a narrow perception of itself. For example, it will consider itself to be only small, only disadvantaged, only innocent, only worthy of good treatment, it may just be the sentimental side of me, me as a friend etc.

When we observe this we can know that it is really one ego that has such an identity within ourselves and it is really this ego that is suffering.


Are we really any of these identities? Not no really, we are really broad, we as a person encompass so many areas and we are outside of these many identities. Our identity covers all that we are in all areas of life, not just in one small area of life, so what is hurt has to be an ego and not us.

If we can see this then we can avoid getting identified with the impressions that can cause us to be sad if we are not alert.

End (2558).

No comments:

Post a Comment